|Molecular weight||118,13 g/mol|
|storage conditions||20 °C|
|CoA / MSDS||Retrieve CoA|
Show Safety Data Sheet online
|Safety Data Sheet||according to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH)|
Classifications according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008.
|IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE/MIXTURE AND OF THE COMPANY/UNDERTAKING|
|Product name:||2-Methoxyethyl acetate|
|Relevant identified uses of the substance or mixture||Identified: Laboratory chemical|
|Uses advised against:||HPC Standards GmbH|
Am Wieseneck 7
Tel. +49 34291 3372-36
Fax. +49 34291 3372-39
|Emergency telephone number||HPC Standards Tel. +49 34291 3372-36 |
This number is only available during office hours.
|HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION||· 2.1 Classification of the substance or mixture · Classification according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 Acute Tox. 4 H302 Harmful if swallowed. Acute Tox. 4 H312 Harmful in contact with skin. Acute Tox. 4 H332 Harmful if inhaled|
|· 2.2 Label elements · Labelling according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 The substance is classified and labelled according to the CLP Regulation GHS02 GHS07 GHS08|
· Signal word Danger · Hazard statements H226 Flammable liquid and vapour. H302+H312+H332 Harmful if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled. H360FD May damage fertility. May damage the unborn child. · Precautionary statements P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. P241 Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting equipment. P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. P303+P361+P353 IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. P405 Store locked up. P501 Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations. · Additional information: Restricted to professional users. · 2.3 Other hazards · Results of PBT and vPvB assessment · PBT: Not applicable. · vPvB: Not applicable
|COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS||· 3.1 Chemical characterisation: Substances · CAS No. Description 110-49-6 2-methoxyethyl acetate · Identification number(s) None · EC number: 203-772-9 · Index number: 607-036-00-1 · RTECS: KL 5950000|
|Molecular Weight (g/mol)||118.13|
|FIRST AID MEASURES||· 4.1 Description of first aid measures · General information: Symptoms of poisoning may occur even after several hours; therefore medical observation for at least 48 hours after the accident is recommended. · After inhalation: Supply fresh air. If required, provide artificial respiration. Keep patient warm. Consult doctor if symptoms persist. In case of unconsciousness place patient in recovery position for transport. · After skin contact: Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly. · After eye contact: Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. · After swallowing: Rinse mouth. Do not induce vomiting. Call for a doctor immediately. · 4.2 Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed No further relevant information available. · 4.3 Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed No further relevant information available|
|FIRE-FIGHTING MEASURES||· 5.1 Extinguishing media · Suitable extinguishing agents: CO2, powder or water spray. Fight larger fires with water spray or alcohol resistant foam. · 5.2 Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture Formation of toxic gases is possible during heating or in case of fire. · 5.3 Advice for firefighters · Protective equipment: Mouth respiratory protective device. Wear self-contained respiratory protective device.|
|ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES||· 6.1 Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures Wear protective clothing. · 6.2 Environmental precautions: Dilute with plenty of water. Do not allow to enter sewers/ surface or ground water. · 6.3 Methods and material for containment and cleaning up: Absorb with liquid-binding material (sand, diatomite, acid binders, universal binders, sawdust). Dispose of contaminated material as waste according to item 13. Ensure adequate ventilation. · 6.4 Reference to other sections See Section 7 for information on safe handling. See Section 8 for information on personal protection equipment. See Section 13 for disposal information|
|HANDLING AND STORAGE|
|EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION||· 8.1 Control parameters · Ingredients with limit values that require monitoring at the workplace: 110-49-6 2-methoxyethyl acetate WEL Long-term value: 5 mg/m³, 1 ppm Sk · Additional information: Lists used were valid at the time of SDS preparation.|
· 8.2 Exposure controls · Personal protective equipment: · General protective and hygienic measures: Keep away from foodstuffs, beverages and feed. Immediately remove all soiled and contaminated clothing Wash hands before breaks and at the end of work. Store protective clothing separately. Avoid contact with the eyes and skin. · Respiratory protection: In case of brief exposure or low pollution use respiratory filter device. In case of intensive or longer exposure use self-contained respiratory protective device. · Protection of hands: The glove material has to be impermeable and resistant to the product/ the substance/ the preparation. Selection of the glove material on consideration of the penetration times, rates of diffusion and the degradation
Due to missing tests no recommendation to the glove material can be given for the product/ the preparation/ the chemical mixture. · Material of gloves Butyl rubber, BR · Penetration time of glove material The exact break through time has to be found out by the manufacturer of the protective gloves and has to be observed. · Eye protection: Safety glasses
|PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES||· 9.1 Information on basic physical and chemical properties · General Information · Appearance: Form: Fluid Colour: Not determined. · Odour: Odourless · Odour threshold: Not determined.|
· pH-value: Not determined.
· Change in condition Melting point/freezing point: -65 °C Initial boiling point and boiling range: 144.5 °C
· Flash point: 47 °C
· Flammability (solid, gas): Not determined.
· Ignition temperature: 380 °C
· Decomposition temperature: Not determined.
· Auto-ignition temperature: Not determined.
· Explosive properties: Product is not explosive. However, formation of explosive air/ vapour mixtures is possible.
· Explosion limits: Lower: 1.7 Vol % Upper: 8.2 Vol %
· Vapour pressure at 20 °C: 9 hPa
· Density at 20 °C: 1 g/cm³ · Relative density Not determined. · Vapour density Not determined. · Evaporation rate Not determined.
· Solubility in / Miscibility with water at 20 °C: 110 g/l
· Partition coefficient: n-octanol/water: Not determined.
· Viscosity: Dynamic: Not determined. Kinematic: Not determined. · 9.2 Other information No further relevant information available
|STABILITY AND REACTIVITY||· 10.1 Reactivity Stable under normal conditions. · 10.2 Chemical stability Stable under normal conditions. · Thermal decomposition / conditions to be avoided: Formation of toxic gases is possible during heating or in case of fire. · 10.3 Possibility of hazardous reactions No dangerous reactions known. · 10.4 Conditions to avoid Heat. · 10.5 Incompatible materials: Strong oxidizing agents. · 10.6 Hazardous decomposition products: Formation of toxic gases is possible during heating or in case of fire|
|TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION||· 11.1 Information on toxicological effects · Acute toxicity Harmful if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled. · LD/LC50 values relevant for classification: Oral LD50 2900 mg/kg (rat) Dermal LD50 5300 mg/kg (rabbit) · Primary irritant effect: · Skin corrosion/irritation Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met. · Serious eye damage/irritation Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met.|
· Respiratory or skin sensitisation Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met. · CMR effects (carcinogenity, mutagenicity and toxicity for reproduction) Repr. 1B · Germ cell mutagenicity Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met. · Carcinogenicity Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met. · Reproductive toxicity May damage fertility. May damage the unborn child. · STOT-single exposure Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met. · STOT-repeated exposure Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met. · Aspiration hazard Based on available data, the classification criteria are not met.
|ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION||· 12.1 Toxicity · Aquatic toxicity: LC50/24 190 mg/L (fish) · 12.2 Persistence and degradability No further relevant information available. · 12.3 Bioaccumulative potential No further relevant information available. · 12.4 Mobility in soil No further relevant information available. · Additional ecological information: · General notes: Water hazard class 1 (German Regulation) (Assessment by list): slightly hazardous for water Do not allow undiluted product to reach ground water, water course or sewage system. · 12.5 Results of PBT and vPvB assessment · PBT: Not applicable. · vPvB: Not applicable. · 12.6 Other adverse effects No further relevant information available.|
|DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS||· 13.1 Waste treatment methods · Recommendation Must not be disposed of together with household garbage. Do not allow product to reach sewage system. · European waste catalogue Waste disposal key numbers from EWC have to be assigned depending on origin and processing.|
· Uncleaned packaging: · Recommendation: Dispose of in accordance with national regulations. · Recommended cleansing agents: Water, if necessary together with cleansing agents.
|TRANSPORT INFORMATION||· 14.1 UN-Number · ADR, IMDG, IATA UN1189 · ADR 1189 ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER ACETATE · IMDG, IATA ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER ACETATE|
· 14.3 Transport hazard class(es)
· ADR, IMDG, IATA
· Class 3 Flammable liquids. · Label 3
· 14.4 Packing group · ADR, IMDG, IATA III
· 14.5 Environmental hazards: · Marine pollutant: No
· 14.6 Special precautions for user Warning: Flammable liquids. · Danger code (Kemler): 30 · EMS Number: F-E,S-D
· 14.7 Transport in bulk according to Annex II of Marpol and the IBC Code Not applicable.
· Transport/Additional information:
· ADR · Limited quantities (LQ) 5L · Transport category 3 · Tunnel restriction code D/E
· UN "Model Regulation": UN1189, ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER ACETATE, 3, III
|REGULATORY INFORMATION|| 15.1 Safety, health and environmental regulations/legislation specific for the substance or mixture · Philippines Inventory of Chemicals and Chemical Substances Substance is listed. · Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances Substance is listed. · Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons Substance is not listed. · REGULATION (EC) No 1907/2006 ANNEX XVII Conditions of restriction: 3, 30, 40 · 15.2 Chemical safety assessment: A Chemical Safety Assessment has not been carried out.|
|OTHER INFORMATION||The above information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and shall be used only as a guide. The information in this document is based on the present state of our knowledge and is applicable to the product with regard to appropriate safety precautions. It does not represent any|
guarantee of the properties of the product. For lab use only!